Joscail's Blog

Monday, April 18, 2005

Up & Coming Harry Potter

In my many searches for celebrity pictures I've noticed a few people who want Norman Reedus to play Barty Crouch Jr & Angelina Jolie to play Bellatrix Lestrange.

First I'll share my opinion on Norman Reedus playing Barty Crouch Jr. No. To be quiet frank I believe the role is below him. When I read the book (I enjoyed it emensely btw) I pictured B C Jr as a weak, snivelling arsewipe, a character that Norman Reedus could play, but one that wouldn't do him any justice. I'd enjoy the extra perve if he was in it, but I wouldn't appreciate the casting agent! But that won't happen (Thank Feth!) because the actor David Tennant is going to play B C Jr.



Okay, Angelina Jolie as Bellatrix Lestrange. Yes, I could see that, & she'd pull the role off really well, making the character a highlight of the film. The only place she'd fall out from the impression I got from the book would be her build, which is different from the way I saw Bellatrix Lestrange. Angelina Jolie is an excellent actress & would do benefit to any movie she starred in, in my opinion.

With the next movie: The Goblet of Fire I do hope they don't take anything away from the book have enjoyed the series thus far, but wasn't overly pleased with the progress of the movies. The first two were wonderful, Richard Harris made a Marvelous Dumbledore, Gambon just doesn't have the same flowing prescence that Harris so aptly applied to his role in the Harry Potter films. The third film was a lot 'brighter' but it took too much away from the whole experience for me to truly appreciate it. All in all though, I did enjoy the movies and I believe all those who have acted in them have done a good job.

~JOS~

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home